Locomotive 97C in the new addition to the Milwaukee Road diesel house at the West Milwaukee Shops in Milwaukee. Two men stand on either side of the locomotive. It seems like a caged lion, whose keepers have just opened the door to let it loose. It is too easy to anthropomorphize locomotives, likening them to huge beasts, but this picture encourages such expressions. This locomotive began life years before as a passenger unit that was placed into freight service in the 1970s, along with eight E9s and some other FP7s. They had served trains 99 and 98 between Bensenville, Illlnois, and the Twin Cities in Minnesota. The shops were in the Menomonee River Valley in Milwaukee, for more than a century a bustling industrial area. The diesel shop, seen here, was built in 1952 using steel moved from Minneapolis. By 2007, many industrial and railroading facilities including this shop had been razed.