Steam excursion departing Knoxville, Tennessee, behind ex-Southern Railway 2-8-0 no. 154 on November 13, 2011. Built in 1890 by the Schenectady Locomotive Works, predecessor of Alco, the engine first served the East Tennessee, Virginia & Georgia until it merged with the Richmond & Danville in 1894 to former the Southern Railway. Southern retired the no. 154 in 1953 and donated it to the City of Knoxville, which put the locomotive on display in a city park. In 2008, Knoxville donated the 154 to the Gulf & Ohio Railway, which restored it to operating condition. It is the oldest operating Southern Railway locomotive and the oldest operating product of the Schenectady Locomotive Works. The train is running from Knoxville to Alcoa with an excursion for the Lexington Group in Transportation History, hosted by Norfolk Southern. It is shown crossing the Tennessee River on a Pratt through truss bridge with Warren deck truss approaches, built in 1940.