On crisp sunny afternoon in 1943, one of Milwaukee Road’s Pacifics streamlined for the Chippewa blasts west out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. For secondary passenger trains, the railroad at its Milwaukee Shops often shrouded older steam locomotives to appear similar to main-line Hiawatha trains designed by Otto Kuhler. The Chippewa, inaugurated in 1937, served Chicago, Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Upper Michigan. In 1948, it was officially called the Chippewa-Hiawatha. Nos. 151 and 152, 4-6-2 type locomotives which usually pulled the train in steam days, were built in 1910 by Alco.