Freight cars stand on the side track serving the sawmill in Durango, Colorado, in 1951. It was located a mile south of the Durango station near the Animas River and the narrow-gauge tracks. The 687 foot spur was built in 1946 to serve J. Stacey and J. Weidman. The mill shipped lumber until the tracks were abandoned. John Hudspeth (1908-93) of Oregon acquired in the Wiedman mill in the early 1970s. It was shutdown, auctioned off, and dismantled by 1983.