In October 1967, a Chicago & North Western Alco switcher works a Great Lakes car ferry, the C&O City of Midland 41, at Manitowoc, Wisconsin. This car ferry was built in
Manitowoc in 1941. It was hull number 311 at the Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co. The C&NW crew is working the C&O in the C&O slip. The slip to the right of the picture was where the Ann Arbor car ferries came in to dock.