Roses blooming beside a former combination passenger and freight station adaptively reused as offices and executive suites in Corvallis, Oregon. The station was built in 1887 by the Oregon Pacific Railroad. The road was initially part of a transcontinental plan, but it ran out of construction funds before crossing the Cascade Mountains to the east. Southern Pacific purchased the line 1907 and operated it as its "Toledo Branch" until 1993, when the Willamette & Pacific took over. The SP immediately built a new passenger station
at the original location of 9th Street and Washington Avenue, moving this building two blocks to the east to make way for the new structure. The station has been renovated to better-than-original condition. The downstairs serves as rentable meeting rooms and office space, while the upstairs living quarters are available as fully-furnished executive suites. The station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997 as the only two-story combination freight/passenger depot in Oregon.