Preservation of former railroad stations takes many forms, from visitor centers and museums to offices and restaurants to . . . pizza parlors. Ciddici’s Pizza of Albany bought the building in 1991 and restored it, retaining most of the original exterior features, especially the “OER” logo, made of ceramic, in the gable at the upper right. The station stands on the corner of SE. 5th Avenue and S. Lyon Street and was erected in 1912 for the advent in Albany of the Oregon Electric Railway, a Portland-to-Eugene interurban line. The OE constructed two parallel routes through Albany, a passenger line on 5th Avenue and a freight line on Water Avenue along the Willamette River. Passenger service ended in 1933, but the Water Avenue tracks continue to carry freight for the current operator, Genesee & Wyoming’s Portland & Western Railroad. According to the owner of Ciddici’s, Lane County bought the station in 1942. The local VFW used it for decades. Architecturally, both Romanesque and Mediterranean features are apparent.